Dear Students, Staff and Parents,
Welcome to Burns Valley School. Here at Burns Valley, my greatest accomplishment would be to see all of my students learning, growing, and achieving. My dream would be that all Burns Valley students graduate high school and find a positive and rewarding career path.
The most valuable part of education is the people; the teachers and support staff that put their time, energy, and hearts into seeing students grow and become successful and happy adults.
Our school’s mission statement: “The goal of Burns Valley School is to have a safe friendly atmosphere where students are actively engaged in lessons. We promote life-long learning and help students develop skills for success. Burns Valley School celebrates student accomplishments and sets specific goals to nurture growth. Students, staff, families and community member contribute to the progress and growth of Burns Valley School. Burns Valley uses Common Core State Standard (CCSS) board approved curriculum with the focus on Common Core State Standards. Active instruction with researched based teaching strategies is an essential component in the academic growth of Burns Valley. We emphasize our three rules: Be safe, be respectful, and be responsible.”
It is my pleasure to serve as the Burns Valley Principal.
A little background on me:
I have been working in Konocti USD since Jan. of 2011. I first came to the district as the Burns Valley Asstistant Principal and in July 2011 I became the principal. This is my 17th year in education and, 11th year in an administrative role. I earned a MA in Education Administration from the California State University, Stanislaus and a BA from the University of Montana in History, Secondary Credential in Social Studies & ELA.
Before to coming to Konocti, I worked for Empire Union School District from 2006-2011. In the years I spent there, I was the principal of Empire Elementary, the principal of Teel Middle School and the Assistant Principal of Teel Middle School.
I started my educational career teaching 8th grade ELA at Yolo Middle School in Newman California and then Community Day School, grades 6th -8th, at New Beginnings Community Day School in Newman. Prior to that I taught at a non-public school, grades 5th -12th, for Missoula Youth Homes in Missoula Montana.
- 17th year in education, 11th year in school administration
- BA in History, Secondary Credential in Social Studies & ELA from the University of Montana
- MA in Education Administration from California State University, Stanislaus
- 7/08-12/10 Regional Coordinator for California Middle Grades Partnership Network
- 7/15-Current Lake County ACSA Charter President
- 7/14-7/15 Lake County ACSA Charter Vice President
- 7/12-7/14 Lake County ACSA Charter Secretary
- 04-06 Head Track Coach, Yolo Middle School
- 04-06 Head Basketball Coach, Yolo Middle School
- 03-05 Asst. Soccer Coach, Yolo Middle School